Our Fleet Consist of:
- LS4B - Advanced single-seat
- CS77 - Intermediate single-seat
- SGS 1-34 (2) - Basic single-seat
- DG500 - Advanced two-seat, acro
- SGS 232 - Intermediate two-seat, spin trainer
- ASK21 - Intermediate two-seat, acro
- G103 - Intermediate two-seat
- SGS 2-33 (4) - Basic Trainer
- PA25 Pawnee (2) - 235HP Towplane
- 8GBCB Scout - 180HP Two-seat Towplane
YORK SOARING has excellent training facilities, with 4 two-seat trainers and a very active group of instructors, we get you in the air right away!
On your first flight as you learn the effects of the controls. Then as you progress you will learn how to take-off, land and how to soar, the rules of the air, ground procedures and club operations. Students fly two flights in a row with the same instructor and may fly up to four flights per day. This will allow for faster progression to solo.
Ground-school courses are offered by YORK SOARING as required free of charge at the air field and on-line in the ground school on this website.
Training flights generally last 20 min, and can extend up to 1 hour with favorable soaring conditions.When the instructor thinks you are ready, you will be given an oral exam and a flight test and then be sent SOLO! An average of 30 dual flights at about $50 each are needed before you go solo, it's less than a quarter of the cost of a private pilot's license. York typically offers camps at the beginning of June and July that will allow students to progress quicker to solo stages or you can learn by simply coming out as often as you are available.
To get your licence you will be required to complete 20 solo flights, take the ground school and write a Transport Canada Glider Pilot's exam (at the airfield). When you pass you will be licensed! After License, you come and fly as much as you like, still only paying for the rental of the glider and the tow fee.
You can progress through the more advanced sailplanes the club fleet offers, try your hand at cross-country flying, take part in the friendly competitions at York Soaring, obtain aerobatic training, or simply take up a friend for one of the most exciting rides they will ever have!
Take your first lesson now!
- Written by Super User
- Category: Uncategorised
- Hits: 3925
York Soaring, 7296 5th Line, RR1, Belwood, Ontario, N0B 1J0, 519-848-3621
We own 200 acres near the village of Arthur, dedicated to the sport of soaring. Our facilities include:
- A system of 5 large grass runways.
- 3 Towplanes and 12 club gliders.
- Two Hangars, underground fuel storage, and a workshop.
- Extensive tie down areas for private gliders.
- A modern clubhouse and classrooms.
- WIFI service.
- Accessible washrooms and showers
- A Bunkhouse and two cabins for transient accommodations.
- A campsite with water and electric hookups for travel trailers.
- Complete cooking facilities.