Foreign Student Pilots

Students pilots who are visiting from other countries may take training in Canada if they can document their age and citizenship, and meet the requirements of the self-declared medical.

To obtain a Glider Pilot Licence, they must meet all of the normal requirements, which includes an English language proficiency test.  Foreign students wishing more specific information should consult with one of our Transport Canada Authorized Persons designated in our 'Contacts' section.

Foreign Licenced Pilots

Visiting licenced pilots, may either get a Student Pilot Permit with documented proof of age and citizenship if they meet the requirements of the self-declared medical.  This may allow for solo flying privileges within 25 NM of the airfield, at the discretion of the Chief Flying Instructor or his/her designates.  For those staying for extended periods, full licence privileges may be obtained either by meeting the Canadian Glider Pilot licence standards and applying for this licence, or by getting the foreign licence validated with such privileges.  For more information see Transport Canada's website at: